The consistent buzz in the social media marketing world is overwhelming…the same message still resonates.
What is the message?
Are you anything without your audience? Does your audience crave good, I mean good lean content? Well give them what they want! Learn more about your audience and find relevant things to write about!!!
Three key components
Keep it simple (my motto!!)
Answer the Why, What, and How for your audience. There’s really no reason to make it more complicated than that.
Provide the good, the bad and the ugly!! (yep all three!!)
Be transparent in your content. Provide competitive differentiators and address the questions your customers really have, such as cost and value.
Always let your customers know that they are VIPs! (very important!!)
Provide great content on a consistent basis to grow your audience, but take it a step further and continue to engage with them to create lasting relationships.
Thank them for sharing your content, mention them in conversations, and reply when they ask questions. Keep it human; no one likes feeling like they’re talking to a robot!
Make yourself accessible too!
Your content should be easily digestible and relevant so that it can be shared across all of your channels. Make it easy for your customers to ask questions and engage with your brand, and consider creating a community where your audience can share their experiences with your brand and interact with each other.
According the data noted only 17% of marketers are utilizing live streaming. And those that are, are getting phenomenal results. That’s a lot of missed potential!
So how do you capture live video and even more importantly, do it right? You need to have a solid strategy before going live!
First, define what business goal you’re trying to achieve with live streaming…
Do you want to create brand awareness?
- Stream with customers that are passionate about your product
- How about inviting and engaging different audiences!!
Are you ready to go live? Here are a few tips to consider!
- Headlines. People join streams based on your headlines they see and whether or not it interests them. Consider your video headline just as important as your blog title. If you want to draw them in, answer why they should watch in your title.
- Keep your stream short and sweet. Try to make your video stackable by only streaming in 20-30 minute increments. This gives the audience time to see you’re actively steaming, but also keeps you from rambling on once the information has been delivered.
- You don’t have to choose just one! You can broadcast simultaneously via multiple devices. This allows you to hit different target audiences.
- Use a tripod. Nobody wants to get sick from your bouncing video stream.
It may be a little intimidating to add on another social channel, but the adoption rates are undeniable. Snapchat grew as much in one year as Twitter has in 4 years combined and is now the country’s second-favorite social network, behind Facebook, according to Convince and Convert.
Here are a few tips:
- If you create good content, people will come. Snapchat is a unique channel that deserves unique content. It’s a whole different ballgame from your other social channels. You can’t just write copy that’s tweaked from another channel. With its instant snap-and-share functionality, this channel requires a dedicated content curator.
- Your buyers are people. People relate to other people, not brand logos. Snapchat is about telling stories, not sales. Think about what is relevant to your target audience and then create content for them. Even better, ask your followers what they want to see and then give it to them!
- Engage, engage, engage. Open other people’s snaps. Let them know you saw what they posted. Snap back when you can.
- It’s hard to find users and businesses on Snapchat! Your username is critical to being found by your audience, so make it easily promotable! Be sure to use your other social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram) to promote your Snapcode, which is a unique QR code that links to your Snapchat profile.
- Use geo-filters. It’s a fairly easy and inexpensive way to promote your brand subtly. If it’s well-received, your brand will be broadcasted across hundreds and thousands of messages.
- Create content on a regular cadence. Your timeline is erased every 24 hours, so you need to consistently create new content to keep your audience engaged.
- Think outside the box. Content that is fun and gives followers a look behind-the-scenes performs extremely well. Offer a sneak peek at new products before they’ve been released or give an inside look of your company. And use the platform to tell a story by sequencing photos on your timeline.
The world of social media marketing is ever-changing, which makes it an exciting medium. However, with so many new ways to engage our audience, it can feel overwhelming at times. The good news is All This and That Internet/Web and Social Media Solutions is willing help and assist with learning curves and social media management! Get on board and stay on track, keep the courage to tread new paths and stretch the boundaries!!
So how do you manage your business social media presence? Write in and let us know what your thoughts are or questions!
Thank you for joining me! I will see you tomorrow! Always remember in this day and age things will continue to change. Be ready; get on board and more importantly…
Here at All This and That Internet and Web Solutions, we understand the power of the social web. We also understand how time-consuming it can be to build a social media presence. With our knowledge behind your business, we’ll cultivate a social media portfolio that will pay dividends in the form of loyal, connected customers.